First up, ATLANTA!
Join us for our REI #sponsored pop-up hike at the East Palisades Trail on June 16th at 9:00am. We know it’s going to be a hot one so we want to get started early. This is one of our favorite hikes in the Atlanta area and we're super excited to be doing this hike with all of you!
TRAIL DESCRIPTION: This is an easy to moderate hike. The trail overlooks the Chattahoochee River, has beautiful views of the river and city and features a small bamboo forest.
TIME: 9:00 am
LOCATION: East Palisades Trailhead - Indian Trail Rd
1425 Indian Trail NW, Sandy Springs, GA 30327
[Ancestral lands of the Cherokee, Chickasaw and Muskogee (Creek) peoples]
MEETING SPOT: The large parking lot at the end of the dirt road.
GPS location coordinates: 33.884062, -84.436651 // N33 53.044 W84 26.199
PARKING: $5/cash only (we encourage carpooling)
TRAIL STATS: less than 4 miles, less than 300 ft. elevation gain. We will be doing a variation of this trail: https://www.atlantatrails.com/hiking-trails/hiking-east-palisades-indian-trail-at-the-chattahoochee-river/
DOGS & KIDS - Dogs are welcome, as well as children.
Map of the trail:
Thanks to REI we will be providing snacks and beverages at the end of the hike, as well as some awesome giveaways!!!
Here is a list of recommended items to bring on this hike:
- Sunblock and/or hat to protect you from the sun
- Bug spray
- Comfortable and supportive hiking shoes/boots or tennis shoes with good traction and support
- Wear layers to keep yourself comfortable, we recommend moisture-wicking clothing. We normally wear workout clothes such as leggings & tech t-shirts
- A daypack/backpack to carry all your stuff
- A reusable water bottle or hydro bladder - Please bring your bottle already filled up, there is no water filling station at the trailhead.
- Trekking pole(s) if you use them
This hike is open to ALL skill levels & genders. We want everyone to be comfortable so we will take breaks when needed.
We're super excited to hike with y'all!
Adriana & Luz